Monday, March 23, 2009

Random Tuesday - a little BLLLAAAAHHHH

randomtuesday

It’s Tuesday, and I’m having a hard time being Random. I’m a little OCD so this meme kind of stresses me out. What the hell is a meme, anyway? Is it just a blog related word that only comes up in cyberland, or is my vocabulary woefully inadequate? Or, shall I say derisory. Thanks, thesaurus.

I read a lot, I write quite a bit, but for some reason I am a horrible speller. Like, really, really bad. It makes texting very difficult because of the whole OCD thing.

This guy? He’s an asshole.

I really want a dog. I have three kids, I’m starting a brand new job, my husband works nights and I’m trying to workout five days a week. A dog would be perfect, don’t you think?

Our family is renting a trailer and is going to spend three weeks this summer living in a van down by the river. Five people in a camper trailer travelling through the BC interior? I’m pretty sure this is the worst idea ever. It will probably be fabulous for blogging material though.

I really like the blog Frogs in my Formula. This chick totally cracks me up every time she posts. I hope her job gets really boring and she gets to post everyday because my job is really boring and I need more to read.

V8 is gross.

Today I am taking my daughter to get her learners license, and she wants me to let her drive home. I really, really, REALLY don’t want to do that. Not only do I want to live, but I haven’t had the chance to go and increase my insurance (read: lower my deductable) yet. I need to think of a way to get out of this. For the next two years. At least.

Go see Keely. All the cool kids are doing it.

19 comments:

Peggy said...

Ooooooooh a dog would add such pleasure to the experience of living in a van down by the river for three weeks...DO IT!

*evil laugh*

CDB said...

You tell her that IF you let her drive home this time, then it uses up the allowable drives during this "learners" period, and she can't drive anymore for two years. Her choice!

Oh yes, I think a dog is a spectacular idea. Take it to the new job!

Cannot wait for the posts "on the river side." My family would kill each other.

Keely said...

I had no idea that was your plan. Do you have your life set on "masochistic"? If so, you can have MY dog.

ChurchPunkMom said...

I want a dog too. Badly.
and I have 5 kids under 10, 2 of whom are home schooled.

Ginny Marie said...

Keely has pretty much convinced me NEVER to get a dog with her dog stories.

I hate V8 too.

My niece just turned 15, and my SIL is doing every thing she can think of to avoid letting her get her driver's permit. It is a very scary thing to think of my niece driving.

Kelly said...

Wait. Aren't you the Canadian weirdo who likes Clamato? And you're going to bag on V8 juice? Really?

Um, you should totally get a dog. I thought getting Oscar would be the worst idea EVER, but it's been surprisingly easy and fun. Totally worth it.

Unknown said...

EEW! V8 is gross!

Stacy Uncorked said...

Getting a dog would add more spice to your workouts if you ever workout at home...my puppy keeps trying to grab the hem of my yoga pants when I'm doing the step/dance on WiiFit... ;)

When I read 'van down by the river' I immediately thought of SNL...definitely going to be some great blogging material... ;)

LOVE Frogs in my Formula - she never fails to deliver the laughs! ;)

I think V8 is gross, too...besides, I don't find myself smacking my forehead wishing I had had one instead of my vanilla coke... ;)

I have 9 years to wait before Princess Nagger is at 'learner's permit' age - I'm hoping they've invented cars that drive themselves by then so I won't have to fear for my life... ;) I like CDB's suggestion... :)

Happy RTT! :)

Michele said...

FYI, Fox News uses the tern news lightly. There really is no NEWS involved. They just make shit up.

Family of 5 in a van for 3 weeks just screams GET A PUPPY!

GreenJello said...

You should have to add your daughter on until she gets her actual license. She would be considered a "permissive driver" at this point. At least that's what my insurance told me...

Mrsbear said...

The thought of my daughter driving terrifies me.

Living in the van down by the river actually sounds like more fun than getting a dog. I got two six years ago while I was pregnant and living in a townhouse. Fun is not the word that comes to mind when I think back on that time. I still have them...the dogs. And, no, they're still not fun.

Captain Dumbass said...

Aren't you from one of the flat provinces? We have mountains here. Big ones. Be careful.

Jennifer said...

My son has his permit and will be driving for the second time today. I'm a bit worried, it's rainy and windy and I'm wondering exactly how much it'll cost us if he wrecks the driver's ed car!

Jaime said...

well, the dog could lead you to exercise if you went running with it every day... and yes, V8 is about the most disgusting drink ever invented

Casey said...

I have two perfectly shitty dogs here that you're more than welcome to. Really.

I don't know what a meme is either, I never liked the word.

Oh no, you have a kid that can drive. Look out.

Anonymous said...

In a van down by the river... love it! love it! :) Can't wait to hear the stories.
Just checked out Frogs in My Formula... and holy crappers, she's hee-lay-ree-us. Thanks for the recommendation. Just added her to my reader.

Frogs in my formula said...

I love V8. Even without the vodka.

I hope you write a lot about the trailer trip because I am already laughing about what could happen.

Thanks for the mention!

Shangrila said...

Ha! You said, "in a van down by the river!" If I didn't already dig you, that would have done it!

You SHOULD get a dog! I have all those other things you have AND a mini-dachshund. I just love her. You deserve a Katie of your very own (but you can't have MY Katie!)

That guy Greg-whatever-his-stupid-name-is is a total dick! Must be easy to make jokes when you're not busy protecting your country, hey?!

P.S. V8 does NOT suck! Maybe you're doing it wrong.

Unknown said...

I can't wait to hear about your trip!

Lydia