Sunday, February 1, 2009

Fat Chick vs. Food - Week 5

I rocked it out this week folks! I met all of my exercise goals by working out Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday, and I was very good with the food. The weekend saw a few more indulgences than I allowed myself during the week, but it wasn’t that bad at all. In fact, I kind of felt like I was eating like a normal person. I stopped eating when I was full, I allowed the odd treat without overdoing it and I was a label reading fool.

My clothes are looser (especially the pants) and my fitness level seems to be improving. So what did I do to celebrate my successes? I went off and butchered my hair.

I’ve had long hair pretty much my entire adult life and I decided since I was in change-making mode I would chop it all off. I’ve been thinking about doing this for a while, but on Saturday I finally got the nerve and now lucky me! I look like Carol Brady. This young and hip hairstylist at the youngest and hippest salon in town decided that I needed to look like a forty-five year old soccer mom. It’s awful.

God forbid my self-esteem starts to improve. I cannot believe I did this to myself! Now every time I look in the mirror I want a brownie. What the hell is my problem? I better run out and pierce something on my face so people don’t go thinking I’m an old lady with kids and a mini-van. Hmmm, wait a minute…..

I weighed myself at Trainer Lady's place on Thursday night, and according to that stupid scale I GAINED a pound! I was not best pleased, but as I do every week I weighed myself Monday morning (completely naked after taking off all my jewelry and voiding my bladder. I even tried to poop - couldn't) and according to my crappy weight watchers scale I lost 2.4 pounds this week. I like that better, so I'm going with it (although I'm sure at least a pound of that was hair).

As of this morning I am down a total of 7.4 pounds. I have 52.6 to go.

10 comments:

Keely said...

That's WAY better! Nice work!

I doubt a pound of it was hair - remember that 'What Not To Wear' where the girl with the skanky dreadlocks had to cut them all off? THAT only weighed like a pound, so there's no way yours does.

It was all you, baby!

Laufa said...

Awesome weight loss!! Don't worry about the hair, it will grow back and you can always wear a hat (a cute ball-cap).

Dale & Brennan said...

HI,

I love your blog. Especially the weight loss one you have going. I too have been trying to be good since Jan 1. I have about 60 pounds to lose and a family wedding next summer.... so that's my incentive.

Keep us posted. You are an inspiration.

P.S. I'm a hairdresser too so come over for a Weight Watchers brownie and we'll get you happy about your hair again.

Mrsbear said...

Congrats on the weight loss and the smart eating. Woo hoo. I think you need before and after pics of the hair, and let us be the judge. Although you're right, looking like a mom sometimes warrants a brownie indulgence, especially since in my head I'm still young and cool, and not mom-ish at all.

beth said...

I'm sure the hair do will "grow on you". Ha ha, I made a funny.

Frogs in my formula said...

I am on the verge of doing a major chop but now am thinking twice about it. I wear glasses and don't want to look like that creepy girl on Sid the Science Kid.

(Note to self, stop referencing PBS kids shows. Be cooler.)

Heather said...

*note to self* crap before stepping on the scale!! Hee....

Casey said...

I hate when I get a bug up my ass and cut my hair since I never like it short. I do this about once every three years and then I end up hating it and not being able to pull it back until it grows out.

I'm with The Bear, we need to see pictures of this new do.

Dude, you kicked ass all around this week, I'm so glad you're doing well up there. I'm glad you saw the results in your clothes (and the second scale). That makes it all worth it, keep it up. Woo!

Stacy Uncorked said...

I thought for sure I posted a comment the other day, but I have been known to start then get distracted by nice shiny objects...(grin!!)

CONGRATS on the continuing weight loss! Sorry for your (hair) loss...when the Princess Nagger took scissors to her hair when she was 4, I was freaking out and she told me in a very calm voice: "Don't worry, Mama, it will grow back!" So there ya go... ;)

Been there, though - either voluntarily or involuntarily chopping off the hair. Never liked it short, always ended up growing it back out. I agree with both Mrs. Bear and Casey...before and after pics so we can judge you, 'k? (grin!!)

Trista said...

Okay seriously you are way too funny, You do not look like Carol Brady nice reference though, lol, your hair looks awesome especially curly. I'd have to disagree and say you look way better now and good job with the pounds! To get those morning poohs out just have a stiff drink that should cure the constipation, lol.